The arms and flags of the Landkreis Erding (Upper Bavaria)
Flag Use Literature Image sources Links

Per pale Sable, a fess Gules, and Argent.

Zeilhofen (former municipality)

Per pale Sable, a fess Gules, and Argent.

Preliminary remarks:

With effect from January 1st 1972 the municipalities Hausmehring, Watzling and Schwindkirchen (formerly Landkreis Mühldorf) and parts of the municipalities Eibach (see also Taufkirchen) and Schiltern (see also Sankt Wolfgang) have been incorporated into Dorfen. Since May 1st 1978 also the municipalities Tegernbach (emerged on January 1st 1972 from Grüntegernbach and Wasentegernbach) and Zeilhofen belong to Dorfen. Grüntegernbach, Hausmehring and Zeilhofen had used their one arms, that have become obsolete with the merger. In the incorporated villages Schwindkirchen and Wasentegernbach there are efforts towards own "village arms".


Foundation of the arms:


The Bavarian Ministry of the Interior approved the adoption of the arms on September 17th 1962.


Design of the arms:

Ernst Rößner, Bad Tölz.


Historical Image Sources:

Coat-of-arms of the Zeilhofer (1368).



Unser Bayern (Heimatbeilage der Bayerischen Staatszeitung) Bd. 11 (1962), S. 88.
Press, E. et al. (1963): Im Zeichen des Pferdes - Ein Buch vom Landkreis Erding. Erding (Landkreis Erding), S. 339.
Landkreis Erding (Hrsg.) (1985): Landkreis Erding - Land und Leute, Geschichte, Wirtschaft, Kultur. Erding (Landkreis Erding), S. 302.




This webpage was modified 1999-12-29 by Marcus Schmöger