Argent, a bend Gules with three roses Argent, barbed and seeded Or, between a rams horn Gules and a water lily leaf slipped Vert.
Foundation of the arms:
The cloister Tegernsee had property in Finsing, presumably since the 8th century; the relations to the cloister played an eminent role in the local histroy until the dawn of the 19th century. Besides, the noble families Finsinger von Finsing and Widerspacher are of importance for the historical development of the municipality. The first, due to its name obviously the original local nobility, can be traced in the 14th and 15th century; the second was resident in Finsing from 1471 to 1663, as verified by deeds. The family became extinct in 1706. The municipal arms depict these three important lines; the bend with the three roses is taken from the Finsinger arms, the rams horn from that of the Widerspacher, the water lilys leaf from the old cloister arms of Tegernsee.
The Bavarian Ministry of the Interior approved the adoption of the arms on October 15th 1963.
Design of the arms:
Ernst Rößner, Bad Tölz.
Historical Image sources:
Coat-of-arms of the Widerspacher (1230).
Coat-of-arms of the Finsinger.
Coat-of-arms of the cloister Tegernsee.
Unser Bayern (Heimatbeilage der
Bayerischen Staatszeitung) Bd. 12 (1963), S. 88.
Press, E. et al. (1963): Im Zeichen des Pferdes - Ein Buch vom Landkreis Erding. Erding (Landkreis Erding), S. 246.
Erdinger Neueste Nachrichten (Lokalteil der Süddeutschen Zeitung), 06./07.11.1993.
Homepage of the municipality Finsing
Water Administration Union Moosrain
This webpage was last modified 2001-07-14 by Marcus Schmöger