Langengeisling (former municipality)
Azure, a crozier Or and a sword point downwards Argent, pomel and hilt Or, in saltire, in base two bars wavy Argent.
During the municipal reform on May 1st 1978 the new town Erding has been founded out of the municipalities Altenerding and Langengeisling and the town Erding. All three municipalities had used own arms. The town council of Erding decided in its session on May 29th 1978 to continue the use of the old arms of the town Erding for the new larger town Erding until the town council would decide differently.
Foundation of the arms:
The Bavarian Ministry of the Interior approved the adoption of the arms on August 28th 1962.
Design of the arms:
Ernst Rößner, Bad Tölz.
Historical Image Sources:
Sword and crozier as attributes of St. Martin.
Coat-of-arms of the counts of Bogen (1204-1233), of Wittelsbach (from 1247), of the state Bayern (from 1918) (see also the arms of the Landkreis Erding, the inofficial arms of Aufkirchen, as well as the colours of the coats-of-arms of Kirchberg, Oberding, Moosinning and Reichenkirchen).
Unser Bayern (Heimatbeilage der
Bayerischen Staatszeitung) Bd. 11 (1962), S. 80.
Press, E. et al. (1963): Im Zeichen des Pferdes - Ein Buch vom Landkreis Erding. Erding (Landkreis Erding), S. 275.
Erdinger Neueste Nachrichten (Lokalteil der Süddeutschen Zeitung), 21.07.1999.
www.langengeisling.de (under construction)
This webpage was last modified 2001-07-14 by Marcus Schmöger