As from January 1st 1972 the municipalities Bockhorn, Eschlbach, Grünbach and Salmannskirchen have been joined to form the new municipality Bockhorn. Of these municipalities Bockhorn and Grünbach used their own arms, that have become obsolete by the merger. For the design of the arms of the new municipality Bockhorn parts of these both obsolete arms have been referred to. The incorporation of parts of the former municipality Matzbach on May 1st 1978 (see also Lengdorf) did not lead to an alteration of the arms.
Foundation of the arms:
Granting of the arms by the Bavarian Ministry of the Interior on January 5th 1950.
Design of the arms:
Emil Werz, München.
Historical Image Sources:
Coat-of-arms of the (Kraft) von Grünbach
Oberbayerisches Archiv Bd. 76
(1950), S. 30-32.
Press, E. et al. (1963): Im Zeichen des Pferdes - Ein Buch vom Landkreis Erding. Erding (Landkreis Erding), S. 258.
Homepage of Grünbach
Homepage of the brewery "Schlossbrauerei Grünbach"
This webpage was modified 2001-07-14 by Marcus Schmöger